Saturday, January 26, 2013

Zero Tolerance 0350 Review

This Zero Tolerance 0350 Review is based on a new knife that I picked up after hearing tons of good stuff about this blade online.  Zero Tolerance have been releasing very impressive top quality knives for a number of years and I figured it was time that I finally picked one up.

For a long time I have been a big fan of fixed blade survival knives such as the Becker BK series, ESEE knives,Ontario knives and Cold Steel to name a few of my favorite brands, however the EDC of a survival knife is just not practical. Before the Zero Tolerance 0350 I carried a Kershaw folder that I was actually very happy with.. That is, until I realized what I was missing out on when I unpacked  the 0350.



The first thing that I noticed when I opened the Zero Tolerance 0350 was the heft of the knife. You can immediately tell that you are handling a quality tool and not a imitation piece of junk. The medium traction  G-10 scales are very solid, comfortable and grippy. The handle itself is robust, much more then my Kershaw. It is wide at about 1.3 inches and thick for a folder at about .5 inches. The length of the handle is 4.5 inches long so there is plenty of space to get a good grip on the blade.

The blade flicks open with ease due to the assisted speed opening feature that many come to expect on blades these days. The knife also has a thumb stud that can be used to open the blade as well. The S-30V steel is wicked sharp out of the box and the research I have done suggests that it will keep an edge and sharpen fairly easily. I have found that the blade locks up tight an the frame lock seems to be extremely sturdy.


The pocket clip on the ZT 0350 is rather small but seems to do the trick. There are four predefined configurations that you can move the pocket clip to so that is great for lefties and folks that want to have the choice of carrying the knife tip up or tip down.

The ZT 0350 is a smaller version of its big brother the 0300. I have seen estimates that it is about 10% smaller than the original but from my research it includes most of the key elements that the 0300 has. I honestly think that judging by the ZT 0350 the 0300 would be pretty heavy to use as an EDC.

All-in-all I personally really like this knife. Some say that it is to heavy for them but I don't mind the weight.

I would definitely recommend this folder to anyone that wants a step up from their current EDC folding knife.
Amazon has some good prices right now and some great reviews Check them out Here


If you are interested in fixed blade knives check out my site: Best Survival Knife for the money.

5 comments:

  1. I got this cutter for fathers day. I am really pleased with it. I was caring the Blur in S30V now this baby is my EDC.I use this knife for all my tasks and have only sharpened it once. It was impressive how sharp right out of the box it held like no other blade I own except. One word says it all Excellent!

    I found a really cool lens about zero tolerance 0350 knives below
    zero tolerance knife reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a really useful blog that reviews zero tolerance knives:
      http://zero-tolerance-0350.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Your post is able to praise and thanks a lot for sharing your information here! Knive Sand Survival

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blade, highly recommend it. The only thing is you'll definitely need a knife sharpener to go with it. I would recommend the DMT serrated blade sharpener which you can find here.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete